1. In 2018, the Gambia Government appointed Jaliba Kuyateh, ST and Sonna Jobarteh as Cultural Ambassadors and Issued them Diplomatic Passport to ease their foreign travels to promote Gambian music abroad.
2. Musicians are Regularly selected to travel with public institutions such as the Gambia Tourism Board to promote Gambian Cultural expression
3. Gambian musicians with a bonafide invitation and contract to play abroad can apply for a Visa with the assistance of the National Centre for Arts and Culture and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs International Cooperation and Gambians Abroad.
* Since January 2019, 32 artists have been supported by NCAC to acquire visas to perform internationally
* Three Gambian musicians have been appointed Cultural Ambassadors and have diplomatic passports
USD 10,000 artistes travel support expenses in 2019
|Name of partner|
Embassies of the USA, UK and European Union based in the Gambia
Gambia Music Union
National Centre for Arts and Culture
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation and Gambians Abroad
Ministry of Tourism and Culture