National target programme on disseminating information to mountainous areas, remote areas, border and island areas in the period 2012-2015
Develop and strengthen the information and communication systems in order to ensure the information of economic, political, cultural-social, scientific-technical development reached to the people in the mountainous areas, remote areas, border and island areas; narrowing the gap in information delivery among the people living in different regions, thus contributing to fostering economic growth and improving the cultural and spiritual life of the people.
This program consists of three major projects, including the project on Strengthening the information and communications system in mountainous, remote, border and island areas. The project sets out a specific objective on strengthening the material and technical infrastructure for the national information and media systems for disadvantaged and remote areas, including investment in full coverage and improvement of the quality of radio and television coverage in the mountainous, remote, border and island areas; creating favourable condition for the people in those areas to enjoy audio-visual services, ensuring maintenance, exploitation and operation of communal radio stations in areas under particularly difficult conditions in the Program.
Thus, by committing to cover the radio and analog television signal to all communes in the far most mountainous, remote, border and islands areas; ensuring investment, upgrading and establishment of new radio stations, this Program has created favourable conditions for people nationwide, especially those living in mountainous, remote, border and islands area, through the media (radio, TV) are able to get access to knowledge and other cultural values of other local communities in Viet Nam and other countries in the world, encouraging these difficult communities to actively preserve their cultural identity and prominent cultural and art values, ensuring the diversity and richness of traditional and contemporary cultural expressions of the country.
- Investing in new establishment and upgrade at least 1,370 radio stations in mountainous, remote areas, border and island areas.
- Upgrading at least 340 radio and television stations at district levels, re-broadcasting radio & TV stations to remove the no-signal zone, the bumpy radio & TV signal zone, ensuring the quality of radio & TV signals.
- Supporting infrastructure, equipment and facilities for local information and communication activities.
- Supporting signal-receiving equipment, radio-video devices and auxiliary equipment for community activities of villages, remote communes in poor rural districts and border guard stations.
- State budget (central and local)
- Mobilizing contributions from businesses, ministerial agencies in the field of information and communication; sponsored from organizations and individuals at home and abroad.