The National Strategy and Action Plan on Gender Equality is an important tool to promote equality between men and women. It comprises of specific objectives and actions involving intra-departmental and interministerial cooperation, monitoring and evaluation of its implementation. The main goals are:
1. Combating gender violence and full compliance with the provisions of the Constantinople Convention.
2. Balanced representation in decision making positions.
3. Modernization and improvement of legislation.
4. Empowerment of vulnerable groups of women.
5. Women's professional empowerment / reconciliation of professional and family obligations/duties.
6. Eradication of stereotypes and social preconceptions.
7. Education and training for women in the use of ICT.
Each goal is further analysed in objectives, actions and specifies the stakeholders responsible for their implementation.
There is an effort to include women in the governance of cultural organisations.