National Stimulus Program
Stimulate the creation, research and training of actors of the cultural sector, as well as the circulation of goods and services with a view to the cultural sustainability of the nation. It is aimed at natural persons, but also seeks to strengthen networks, promote exchanges and foster communicating vessels of creation.
The measure is structured around the lines of training, research, creation and circulation; the modalities in which the incentives are granted are:
• Scholarships: they aim to increase the opportunities for creation, research and circulation, through the development of artistic and cultural projects. They are awarded for the development or conclusion of a particular project.
• Internships: their objective is to complement training and teaching. The internships must take place in a department other than the one of where the recipient lives (in the case of national internships).
• National Prizes: they are awarded to the work and trajectory of creators, researchers and cultural managers, whose work has enriched the cultural memory of the country.
• Acknowledgments: they shine light on artistic and cultural endeavors whose distinguishing feature is excellence and a positive contribution to the sector. They are awarded to works, projects or processes already completed.
• Artistic residences: inscribed in the line of creation, they support the development of creative projects and artistic explorations in a different place to the residence of the artist, either in Colombia or abroad.
The measure is implemented through an open call.
The expected results with the implementation of the measure are to support creation, research, training and circulation; facilitating exchange and interculturality; socially recognizing creators through their projects and vital trajectories in the service of culture; promoting new talents; affirming identities and diversity; supporting the cultural development of regions, and strengthening community initiatives and social networks. These are congruent with the Convention to the extent that they seek to promote cultural expressions in their integrality, while encouraging and supporting their creators.
2012: $1.390.256 USD
2013: $1.740.492 USD
2014: $1.509.820 USD
2015: $1.413.399 USD