mobile library for marketing the Iraqi book
1. To raise the cultural level and raise the awareness of youth of both sexes of college students, secondary schools Pupils and other social groups by increasing the awareness of the importance of reading.
2. To support the movement of authorship, translation and cultural and scientific publishing.
3. To market the cultural and literary products of writers, authors and delivering them to the farthest point inside Iraq.
4. To encourage reading movement in the districts, towns and remote areas away from cities centers.
5. To compensate the shortage of public libraries number in some areas.
The Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Antiquities has developed an advanced method and a developed approach to deliver the library service to the remote areas and far of the cities centers. The Ministry manages to find alternatives to public libraries in order to disseminate the cultural awareness of reading among the communities of these regions. That has been done by establishing of a mobile library, a car designed like library containing a number of cultural products and cultural, literary, political, economic and religious, children and youth literature works. It roams for marketing the cultural products at low prices through the regions, in order to encourage reading and raising the cultural level among the people of these areas.
1. Increasing the percentage of reading among community individuals with roughly 20%.
2. Stimulating and encouraging the production of cultural and literary works in all their forms in order to compensate the shortage of libraries number.
3. Increasing the percentage of marketing the cultural product of authors and writers and selling cultural product
The Directorate Cultural Relations supplied a car, model (Starex) to be a mobile library and allocating five thousand dollars ($5000) to its design process and supplying it with shelves and advertising posters. Now it begins to fund itself by marketing the cultural products.