The Laboratories for the Production of Digital Content (Labs) are the section of the national network of laboratories marked for the production of digital content, where technological tools such as software, hardware and technical training are made available to the public, in order to carry out both entrepreneurial activities and the projects of professionals and companies in this field. Their main objective is to further the strategy of the National Government for the strengthening and promotion of information and communication technologies in the development of digital content.
Since the beginning of 2019, this initiative belongs to each one of the Territorial Entities where they were installed, after an agreement for their installation and start of operation was reached.
The Labs have trained more than 30,000 people in subjects such as graphic design, video game development, programming, web development, robotics, digital business, entrepreneurship, all geared towards the digital content industry. They have generated more than 230 digital content products and 220 digital business ventures.
Between 2013 and 2018, the following courses have been offered:
* 2D-3D animation
* Project and Production Management
* Interface design and user experience evaluation
* Development of web and mobile applications for Android and iOS.
* Digital marketing and digital journalism
* ViveMaker (development of solutions for the internet of things)
* Emerging technologies, Internet of Things, 3D Printing, Drones
* Digital content for physical and online platforms.
* Mobile applications
* Specialized software required by the animation industry such as Unity, Maya, ToonBoom, Adobe and Blender, Gaming and the Mobile Web
* Specialized Software in the Business industry
* Applications development
* Convergent Contents (e-training)
Among the most outstanding ventures we can mention: The Book of Sofia (Winner in India Catalina), Butiman (Nominated India Catalina), Juancho Espanto, Los Cuentos del Abuelo, Andres y la Ballena, Paul & Glota, Guillermina y Candelario, EduCanvas, Jardin de Amapolas y El Libro de Lila.
Among the applications:
* Doctor Test: Web tool to organize and develop business ideas
* Livero: Mobile application to find activities and plans in a city
* Freelo: Mobile application aimed at independent photographers to make an appraisal of the monetary value of their work
* Grabala: Web evaluation platform for personnel selection
Small Data: Web platform and mobile application that compares product prices for purchasing decisions
* IDU: Government mobile application for georeferencing of public works carried out by the Institute of Urban Development of Bogota.
* Supercade APP: Public mobile application aimed at streamlining procedures and services provided by the Cades and Supercades in Bogota.
|Name of partner||Type of entity|
37 cooperating territorial entities