Improving framework conditions for the art and culture sector
1. Establishment of safety net for artists
2. Provision of consulting services on local culture (The project to produce local cultural manpower)
3. Expansion and operation of cultural facilities
1. The project to establish a safety net for artists is designed to safeguard the rights and professional career of those artists under inferior working conditions without the benefits of social insurance by providing an environment conducive to their creative activities.
2. The project to provide consulting services is to establish a cultural network between local cultural foundations, colleges, artist organizations and local governments, and to strengthen the problem-solving capacities of the operators of the local culture promotion projects.
3. The project to expand cultural facilities is to provide more opportunities for local residents to enjoy culture by increasing the number of cultural facilities that function as a local hub of cultural activities.
1. It is largely focused on strengthening the competence and creativity of artists by ensuring a social system in which artists can engage in creative activities in stable living conditions and redress inequitable practices in the culture industry. It includes the programs to bring together artists and business firms to the end of providing job opportunities for the former; to offer grants for the low-income and elderly artists; to provide legal consultation on inequitable practices; to subsidize the artists’ payment for the industrial accidents compensation insurance; to protect artists’ rights under standard labor contracts; and operate the artists welfare foundation.
2. The operator of the project provides support for artists upon adopting the artist aid agenda jointly with the local cultural foundations and colleges, and holding a comprehensive consultation session on the agenda with the public, civic and academic organizations.
3. The project supports expansion and operation of cultural facilities such as museums, art galleries, libraries, arts and cultural centers, and local cultural institutions. It also expands the opportunity to enjoy culture by assisting the operation of artist memorial halls; historical and cultural city programs; traditional culture promotion projects; local cultural events; Biennale, Build-Transfer-Lease projects; cultural facilities at local communities; and local culture promotion projects. Jeju Special Self-governing Province and Sejong City each have specialized programs to promote local culture.
The project is to provide social welfare for artists so that they may engage in artistic professions, find job opportunities in collaboration with other social sectors and promote social values of art. It also encourages the motivation for creative activities by expanding opportunities for artistic activities and social contribution lest the artists should arrest their career due to factors external to art. With a concrete support system for artists, it helps them cope with mental and psychological problems, take care of their mental health by providing motivation for their creative work. It establishes a fair contract system by instituting standard contracts that protect the rights and interests of artists.
Through comprehensive consulting services on local governments’ arts and cultural policies, the operation of cultural facilities at local communities and the measures to develop content on local culture, this project contributes to the improvement and development of local culture.
The project expands local cultural facilities and improves its service quality. It also expands the opportunities to enjoy culture through the continual enhancement of local cultural infrastructure. It will continue to repair and renovate the aged cultural facilities to meet higher standards of satisfaction.
1. 22,177,261 dollar (as of 2016)
2. 289,167 dollar (as of 2017)
3. 160,548,791 dollar (as of 2017)