Ibero-American Cinematographic Intervention Agreement
Ministry of Culture
Key objectives of the measure:
- To support initiatives through film making, for the cultural development of the peoples of the region.
- To harmonize the cinematographic and audiovisual policies of the Parties.
- To address the problems of film production, distribution and exhibition facing the region.
- To preserve and promote the film production of the Parties.
- To broaden the market for film productions in any of their forms of dissemination, by adopting in each of the countries of the region rules that promote their development and the establishment of a common Latin American film market.
- To contribute to the strengthening of cultural exchange and inter-American solidarity (Colombia - Canada).
Scope of the measure:
Nature of the measure:
Main feature of the measure:
- To facilitate the entry, stay and circulation of citizens of Member Parties who are responsible for carrying out activities aimed at achieving the objectives of the Convention.
- To facilitate the temporary importation of goods from Member States to fulfill the objectives of the Convention.
- To encourage the signing of cooperation and co-production agreements within the framework of the Convention.
- To establish or improve systems and mechanisms for the financing and promotion of national cinematographic activity.
- Creation of a multilateral financial fund for the promotion of cinema.
- To stimulate the joint participation of institutions and associations representing producers and distributors of national films in the main events of the international audiovisual market.
- To promote the presence of film productions from the Member States in the existing – or to be created – audiovisual broadcast channels in each one of them.
- To exchange documentation and information that contributes to the development of film making in each Member State.
- It establishes as its main bodies the Conference of Ibero-American Cinematographic Authorities (CACI) and the Executive Secretariat of Ibero-American Cinematography (SECI).
Results expected through the implementation of the measure:
Implementation of the following programs:
- Ibermedia Program
- Ibermedia TV Program
- DocTV Latin America Program
- Pantalla CACI
- Ibero-American Audiovisual Observatory
Financial resources allocated to implement the measure:
Ibero-American Film Integration Convention
Colombia annually provides resources for $12.184,02. USD
1998 - 2016 Contribution from Colombia:
1998 - 2015 Fund Total:
Area(s) of Monitoring
Cinema/ Audiovisual Arts