Humanitarian Convergence and Harmony Week.
This week comes in accordance with the lofty vision of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said - may God protect him - in the context of serving civilizational and cultural understanding. It comes as an as the implementation of the UN resolution (65/5) in 2010, which stipulate to make the first week of February each year “World Interfaith Harmony Week”. The purpose of this week is to facilitate communication between human cultures in order to achieve and confirm the role of dialogue in promoting peace and stability in the world by increasing public awareness of the relevant key issues. It aims to establish the concept of humanitarian cooperation based on mutual respect, strengthen the fabric of cultural and civilizational exchange between the people, link theatrically objectives of dialogue with mechanisms of implementation and means achieve comprehensive goals of dialogue between cultures and civilizations. It promotes the principles of cultural rapprochement and dialogue among civilizations. It also highlights the role of the Sultanate and its efforts in promoting understanding between people. The scientific forums held during the week of World Interfaith Harmony (2012 -2015):
1. Convergence and cultural dialogue (History, Models, and Challenges).
2. Cultural convergence (methods and tools).
1. International organizations, conventions and their impact on the humanitarian rapprochement and harmony.
1. Political support for humanitarian convergence.
2. Humanitarian convergence in the political discourse.
1. Humanitarian citizenship: Concepts and Frameworks.
The main features of the measure are:
1. Helps to spread tolerance and peace among the members of the community.
2. Contributes to the convergence of people and brings together ideas of tolerant.
3. Spread awareness among community members about the importance of cultural and civilizational dialogue.
4. Highlights the importance of cultural and religious differences.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
- Highlighting the role of the Sultanate in promoting the principles of convergence, harmony and humanitarian dialogue between peoples.
- Spread the spirit of humanity citizenship in the hearts of young persons.
- Generating generation aware of the importance of cultural and civilizational understanding.
- Creating a balanced society intellectually and culturally.
- Disappearance of racism and Merge all segments of society.
The financial support of this measure is provided by Royal Court Affairs.