Gender Equity Programme with a National Incidence
- Socialise audiovisual works by Cuban producers favouring gender equity and focusing on social activism.
- Promote the interaction and exchange of ideas and feelings among professionals in favour of creating a harmony that will benefit a culture of peace and sustainable human development.
- Convene representatives of Cuba’s social, cultural and economic life in favour of “Peace Actions”.
Disseminate in the development of the collective consciousness the concept of human diversity, based on the Pedagogy of Peace which promotes a culture of peace.
The work of the programme is represented by the Palomas Project, in addition to other institutions. It addresses different themes, where generations and artistic trends fuse based on a gender approach: gender – climate change – good living. Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS, prevention of different types of addiction. The integration of persons with different capacities, support for those who suffer social exclusion. Priority given to audiovisual materials and workshops for women and men who have survived different forms of violence. Attention to male offenders. Sexuality, sexual and reproductive rights. Human rights. Gender equity. Adults, children, adolescents and youth.
The dissemination of these themes takes place through traditional and alternative media, in order to prevent, form, disseminate, sensitise, promote and reproduce good practices, among other actions, in favour of good living and respect for Mother Earth.
- Contribute to reduce the existence of harmful social phenomena based on violence and exclusion, which marginalise and affect social development and gender equity today in Cuba.
- Promote the quality and excellence of audiovisual materials as a contribution of culture to social development and gender equity at the national and international levels.
Influence policies, legal regulations and social research which favour and assist the more vulnerable and underprivileged populations and communities.
Human and economic capital required for its implementation.
Production of over 20 audiovisuals from 2012 to 2016.
Workshops, presentations on radio, TV and cinema halls, lectures, master classes, tutorship and collaboration in sociocultural studies at universities, Centres for Social, Psychological, Communicative, Anthropological, Philosophical and Cultural Research.
Collaboration in campaigns and programmes linked to other institutions and non-governmental organisations in their social work. Creation of the Chair of Gender and Audiovisuals at the International Film and Television School of San Antonio de los Baños.