* Enhancing cultural cooperation and mobility of cultural and artistic goods and services between The Gambia and the countries;
* Facilitating the building of capacity in artistic and cultural skills for Gambians;
* Promoting the cultural exchange through visiting of musical and artistic groups, writers and other creators;
* Engendering the full participation of youth and women in artistic and cultural matters;
* Encouraging and facilitate the exchange of students, teachers, researchers
* Gambian cultural groups have toured China in the spring of 2019;
* Three Gambian dancers have trained for three weeks in China in summer of 2019;
* Training of Gambian artists in management and marketing by Senegal experts in first quarter
|Name of partner|
Embassy of the Peoples’ Republic of China
High Commission of the Republic of Senegal
Embassy of the Republic of Mali
National Centre for Arts and Culture(NCAC)
Ministry of Tourism and Culture
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Gambian artists’ associations
A. Capacity building can play an important role in cultural and artistic development. For China, Gambians should be trained in arts management and animation, puppetry and in cinema.
B. The issue of training artists and their managers in Creative Business and Entrepreneurship was also seen as imperative and very useful.
C. A major recommendation was for Senegal to mentor the Board and staff of the Gambia Collecting Society, the copyright CMO, to enable them build capacity and skills in operationalizing the royalties' collection mechanism in The Gambia.