Establishment of the Russian Center for Science and Culture in Bethlehem
Russian Center for Science and Culture in Bethlehem - the first scientific, cultural representation of the Russian Federation in the State of Palestine was opened in June 2012. It's located in the center of city of Bethlehem on a piece of land donated by the State of Palestine. The center includes halls for exhibitions, others for teaching Russian language, a language lab and a library contains more than three thousand books. It also contains a music room as well as a cinema hall.
The center aims to promote Russian culture and science, and contributes to Palestinian students' selection process to study in Russia.
- Dissemination of Russian culture and science.
- Contributions to students' selection process to study in Russia.
- Promotion of Russian culture and organizing cultural weeks and artistic performances.
- Promotion of learning the Russian language.
- Organizing dance and music sessions for children, where kids learn the Palestinian Dabkah, and Russian folk dance .
- Organizing summer camps for Palestinian and Russian children.
- Providing public library.
- Contributing Palestinian students' selection to study in Russia.
- Making the Russian Center's Theater available for performances.
The Center obtains a budget of $300,000 annually in addition to revenues from centers' activities such as the fees collected in return for language courses, registration fees in summer camps and theater rental fees.