Establishment of the National Youth Commission in accordance with the Royal Decree (117/2011).
This measure aims to open meaningful communication channels and dialogue with or among young people to discuss their requirements at the current and future stage, work to cultivate and foster a spirit of culture, Omani identity among the youth, promote their talents, bring out their creativity, provide them with necessary support through establishing scientific clubs, theaters, cultural and artistic clubs to help them to achieve their ambitions. A number of local events and workshops were set up in the scientific, cultural, social and other fields.
The main features of the measure are:
- Organizing a periodic awareness and dialogue seminars regularly to discuss youth issues and organizing lectures for school, colleges and university students.
- Organizing an annual meeting at the youth level and hosting a forum for the world's youth in coordination with concerned stakeholders.
- Organizing awareness campaigns in various media to urge youth to oblige the values, work ethic, freedom limits, participating in the areas of volunteerism and work service.
- Preparing awareness plans and programs of the legislation which manage duties of youth toward the country, society, ensure the rights and freedoms.
- Organizing local and international cultural and recreational trips to hone capabilities of talents.
- Establishing a data base related to areas of youth interest in coordination with the concerned stakeholders.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
Existence of a specialized platform for young people.
2. Organize events and seminars to discuss youth issues.
3. Support and embrace the ideas of young people.
4. The presence of youth clubs.
5. Empower young people in the different areas and provide opportunities for them.
6. Involve young people in development plans according to their interests and fields.
The finacial support is provided by State Council.