Establishment a national working team of the International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD)
A national working team in Oman was established consisting of a number of specialists in cultural affairs from various governmental units which are involved in cultural diversity issues to be a response to the requirements of the 2005 Convention on the protection and promotion of cultural expressions and a focal point between the various government and private agencies in the Sultanate and UNESCO.
The team works on activating the participation of the Sultanate in the International Fund for Cultural Diversity (IFCD) , addressing and invite the concerned cultural stakeholders to submit appropriate projects immediately after reception of the call from UNESCO through the National Commission. The team works to promote 2005 Convention by available ways and means.
The team consists of:
- Ministry of Heritage and Culture.
- Ministry of Education.
- Ministry of Tourisim.
- Sultan Qaboos University.
- Sultan Qaboos Higher Centre for Culture and Science.
- Public Authority for Craft Industries.
- National Records &Archives Authority.
- The Oman National Commission for Education, Culture and Science.
The main features of the measure are:
1. Format a link between the organization and the authorities concerned with cultural affairs in the Sultanate.
2. Contributes to the preparation of all reports required by UNESCO.
3. Helps to find a national team concerned to the International Fund of cultural diversity issues.
4. Helps to educate the community of the importance of the Convention on cultural diversity.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Prepare systematic and accurate reports for UNESCO.
2. Provide different successful projects to the International Fund for Cultural Diversity.
The financial support is provided bt Ministry of Education.