Establishing a Marketing Center for Cultural Industries
1. Marketing handicrafts products of the Institute of Arts and People Crafts of the Folklore Directorate.
2. Identifying the products of craftsmen and the students of institute with heritage industries and handicrafts.
3. Obtaining additional financial returns for the Ministry of Culture that contributing to support the creative persons working in field of cultural and handicraft industries products.
4. Contribute to build up capacities of craftsmen and students of Institute of Arts and People Crafts in field of cultural industries in order to preserve heritage identity of the country.
The Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Antiquities has adopted within its cultural policies and measures establishing (Marketing Center for Cultural Industries) in order to support Iraqi cultural industries and stimulate workers on production and marketing their cultural products to public for obtaining necessary funds. The center undertakes necessary publicity to attract clients from local communities. The center was already established by the efforts of creators and those who act in the field of cultural crafts and industries of professors, craftsmen and the students of Institute of Arts and people Crafts in Ministry of Culture
1. An increase in the proportion of producers and creators of students and craftsmen doubly in principle before the establishment of this center.
2. The opening of this center encouraged other governorates to market their handicrafts products through it.
3. The center is actually considered as a marketing and media outlet for introducing Iraqi cultural industries and handicrafts.
This center was established with self-efforts by number of the creators working in Folklore Directorate, students and professors of Institute of Arts and People Crafts without any funds allocation from Ministry of Culture.