Developing target programme in information technology industry to 2020, vision to 2025
By 2025, the information technology industry will become the economic sector with rapid sustainable, high revenue, and large export value growth; Viet Nam is capable in developing and producing IT products and services meeting the demands of domestic and international market, creating foundation for the development of knowledge economy, contributing to control all information systems and ensure information security and nation digital sovereignty.
Developing target programme in information technology industry to 2020, vision to 2025 (Prime Minister’s Decision No. 392 / QD-TTg dated 27/03/2015) set a guideline to give priority to the development of software industry, digital content production, IC design and manufacture, provide information technology services that Viet Nam has competitive advantage and export potential.
This program is expected to be one of the key factors to ensure successful implementation of the project to put Viet Nam soon become a strong country in information and communications technology, accelerate the application, develop information technology to strongly support creative activities, manufacture, distribution and enjoyment of cultural and art products and services for people. This programme outlines 6 key tasks to be taken to achieve targets, specifically including:
- Support capacity and competitiveness of organizations and enterprises
- Develop key IT products
- Develop IT services
- Develop IT parks
- Develop IT human resources
- Promote investment, trade and market development
To accomplish these tasks, the program established a system of specific solutions on policy, supporting the development of information technology in a number of key areas and measures of financial resource allocation.
- Growth rate is at least 15% per year in the field of software, digital content and IT services; attract Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in key sectors, in which electronic hardware sector attracts $ 5 billion of FDI in the period 2015-2020.
- Enhance competitiveness and maintain the position as one of the top 10 countries to provide software production services and digital content. Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi maintain their position in the group of the most 10 attractive cities to global software production.
- Develop Vietnamese brand products in the field of hardware - electronics, software, digital content and IT services, ensure to meet the needs and strive to increase the proportion of procurement of Vietnamese brands in annual procurement budget of governmental agencies, enterprises and society.
- Develop various types of professional IT providing services to meet the needs of governmental agencies; increase the proportion of procurement of leasing IT services over the total of IT procurement budget of the ministries, branches and localities.
- Support the construction of minimum of 7 centralized IT zones.
State Budget and social mobilization capital from the private sector, foreign direct investment