Culture Funds (Cultural Development and Arts/Book and Reading/Music/Audiovisual-National Council for Culture and Arts)
- National Fund for Cultural Development and the Arts (FONDART): Created in 1992, aims to increase and diversify the supply of goods and artistic and cultural quality services, produced by artists and cultural agents, contributing to the harmonious development and equitable between regions, provinces and boroughs of the country.
- Fund of the Book and the Reading:Implemented in 1993, has the purpose of encouraging the access of the book, the reading and the literary creation. Through this Fund, financial support is given to projects, programs and actions of development, the promotion of the reading, the literary industry, and the dissemination of literary activity and the strengthening of the public libraries. Through scholarships, internships and awards, also promotes the training of the creators and stimulates their activity.
- Fund for the Promotion of National Music:Existing since 2004, seeks to solve the scarce funding and the professionalization in the value chain of national music, which affects musicians, music producers, managers, editors and researchers of the industry in Chile. For this, a contest is made, aimed at encouraging each of the problems detected in the value chain: deliver financial support to corporations, foundations and municipalities for the development of choirs, orchestras and instrumental bands. In the case of professional orchestras located in other regions, different to the Metropolitan Region, supports the making of activities tending towards the insertion of the national music in foreign markets.
- Audiovisual Development Fund:Created in 2004, is to promote art and audiovisual industry through the formation of human capital and knowledge, creation and mediation of national audiovisual works in various formats and genres. This finances the production and distribution of film works, scriptwriting, equipment, training, research and dissemination of new creative trends and technological innovation.
- National Fund for Cultural Development and the Arts (FONDART): With the fund's resources programs run and competitions open to the artistic community projects , which aim to stimulate vocational training, artistic creation, cultural mediation and heritage conservation in the following artistic disciplines are performed: Visual Arts, Photography, Theatre, Dance, Circus Arts, Crafts, Folklore, Architecture, Design, New Media, Tangible and Intangible Heritage, Cultural Management, Cultures Indigenous Peoples, Local Cultural Development and Cultural Tourism.Proposals may consider initiatives that include research, creation, production and / or distribution and that are relevant to the development of disciplines in the country, its artists, mediators and public.
- Fund of the Book and the Reading:The National Council for Book and Reading is the body which provides public policy development in its area and allocates resources of the National Fund for the Promotion of Books and Reading, through annual calls for public tenders. The Council proposes development policies in its area and allocates resources of the National Fund for the Promotion of Books and Reading, through annual calls for public tenders.
- Fund for the Promotion of National Music:The Council for the Promotion of National Music (CNCA), supports the dissemination, promotion and development of musical creation and Chilean music industry through the Fund for the Promotion of National Music.
- Audiovisual Development Fund:This fund finances the production and distribution of films, scriptwriting, equipment, training, research and dissemination of new creative trends and technological innovation. Under the National Council for Culture through the Council for Arts and the Audiovisual Industry.
The measure seeks to support the diversity of cultural expressions, through the safeguarding of tangible and intangible cultural heritage and support for the emergence of dynamic cultural and creative industries, particularly mechanisms that foster local production of cultural goods and services, the development of local markets and access to platforms for their national and international exchange.
Between 2011 and 2015, the CNCA has supported 9.590 projects and has allocated resources for US$ 143.137.433 in the following funds:
- National Fund for Cultural Development and the National Arts (FONDART): CLP $$12.880 millions (2015).
- National Fund for the Promotion of Books and Reading: CLP $6.653 millions (2015).
- National Fund for the Promotion of Music: CLP $4.729 millions (2015).
- Audiovisual Promotion Fund: CLP $7.918 millions (2015).
Resources allocated between 2011- 2015 for the 4 funds mentioned was $ 87,731,795,368 (chilean pesos). To calculate, the average dollar observed in December 2014 ( equivalent to 612.92 US $ 1 peso ) it was used .