The department of Cultural Promotion in Regions is responsible for accompanying cultural organizations so they can self-manage processes related to the appreciation and promotion of their sociocultural life. This is achieved through the participation of local forces and persons involved in community leadership and management so that they, as insiders, can create spaces and opportunities that may contribute to human development within their own communities. To support this effort, cultural centers, houses of culture, and offices have been established throughout the country, as well as the Cultural Management Training Unit.
This Department also works with the indigenous territories, in activities such as:
- Maleku Festival
- Cabécar Encounter
- Revitalization of the Boruca language
-Workshop on ancestral knowledge exchange
- Investigation on indigenous struggles
- Ancestral knowledge in Cabagra
- Cultural Management Workshop in indigenous territories
- Cultural Management in Talamanca
- Workshop on the identity of indigenous.