"Creative and Cultural Identity for Local Development" Joint Programme
The Joint Programme aims to strenghen the institutional and human capacities for manage the cultural and creative development in a decentralized manner by strengthening the capacity of the Regional Councils of Culture to carry out activities and local cultural policies, technical and financial support for creative cultural industries and the promotion of the impact of cultural development.
Between the years 2009-2011, was implemented in Honduras the Joint Programme " Creative and Cultural Identity for local devolopment ", with the participation of seven agencies of the United Nations (FAO, UNDP, UNICEF, UNWTO, UNESCO, ILO and UNV) in coordination with the government bodies in space with the Executive Direction of Culture, Arts and Sports, and the Chancellorship of Planning, SCGG by there spanish acronym.
The planned activities were developed with the active planning of a group of national partners, Executive Direction of Culture, Arts, and Sports, Honduran Institute of Anthropology and History(IHAH by there spanish acronym); town hall, local cultural organizations, cultural center and other collaborating agencies.
The program raised as to contributing to cultural development and their communities by strengthening institutional and human capacities for the management cultural and creative development of distributed and supportes by the diversity of identities Honduran´s way, developing the constitutional requirements regarding cultural rights.
This is achieved from three program outcomes:
1. Were established and implemented strategies and programs inclusive culture for development in local areas to form the basis for a national policy on culture and development supported by cultural diversity and strengthening identity.
February. Were formed creative and cultural industries to promote economic and social development and possible expansion oppportunities for the population in 8 regions.
March. Were generated, collected, analyzed and disseminated information on the impact of culture in development to build public and guide public policies and private investment.
- Integration of Regional Councils for Culture, assigned to the Regional Council Development.
- Promotion of artistic and cultural expressions of citizenship as an ideal medium for streghtning nacional identity.
- Promotion of cultural group that are considered essential for the frmation and strengthening the social fabric.
- The degree of achievement is affected by the delay in the implementation as aa result of the crisis policy in 2009, which marked the non-recognition by the United Nations for persons who occupied the central institutions of the government including the line minitries for joint program. Once the institutional crisis resumed work, with fast breakthrough, reaching a level of compliance of the results was considered "adequate" in the final evaluation.
The investment program over the three year of implementation was $ 8 million U.S dollars.