1. To encourage SMEs in the digital content and applications industry to work on the production of projects for the creative and cultural industries sector.
2. To support small and medium-sized companies to improve qualification processes and increase the production of content and technological applications of a cultural nature under high national and international standards.
3. To increase the production, offer and circulation of content and technological applications in accordance with the sectoral and institutional policies of the Ministry of Information and Communication Technologies and the Ministry of Culture.
4. To articulate inter-institutional processes to promote the development of digital content, such as calls and training processes; also, to promote the insertion of national MSMEs of the digital content and applications sector in the national and international markets.
5. To use the digital content developed by the beneficiary MSMEs in the programs for the appropriation of ICTs by children and young people, thus generating a return on the investment by the Ministry of Culture and MINTIC in strengthening these programs with high quality content created by and for Colombians.
6. The content generated as a product of this process should be appropriate and relevant for children and young people. To ensure that this is so, clear guidelines proposed by the Ministry of Culture and MINTIC will be included in the terms of reference of the call. All content must be cultural and / or educational.
The Crea Digital call began in 2012 with the objective of financing micro, small and medium-sized projects in the public and private sector that create digital content with cultural and / or educational emphasis. In its five years of existence, Crea Digital has financed 93 products for more than $4.361.098.997 USD
The results of the measure are associated with the production of cultural and educational content produced from 2012 to 2016, which included 93 productions, distributed year by year as follows:
2012: 8 video games, 5 e-books and 2 animation series.
2013: 4 video games, 2 e-books and 5 transmedia projects.
2014: 4 video games, 3 animation series, 4 e-books, 6 transmedia and 5 inclusive content projects for disabled population.
2015: 8 video games, 6 e-books, 4 animation series and 6 cross-media and transmedia projects.
2016: 7 video games, 5 e-books, 3 series of animation and 6 content projects for Una Cultura de Paz (A Culture of Peace).
2012: $1.045.472 USD
2013: $535.074 USD
2014: $1.399.524 USD
2015: $1.092.311 USD
2016: $605.844 USD