Cooperation Agreement between the Ministry of Culture and the network "TRADUKI"
To enable the participation and benefit of applicants from Albania for funding cultural projects such as translations, publications, writers' residences, etc.
The relationship with TRADUKI, as one of the active and influential networks of European literature, was institutionalized on 23.01.2014, through the signing of the framework agreement by the Minister of Culture, Mirela Kumbaro Furxhi and Director of TRADUKI Ms. Antje Contius. With the signing of this agreement, the Ministry of Culture pays an annual fee of € 10,000, but the benefit received by applicants from Albania for translations, residences and projects in three years of membership exceeds € 35,000 per year.
To receive as much funding as possible for the benefit of Albanian authors, translators and publishers.
30.000 Euros by Albanian Government
By "Traduki" network are supported dozens of translations from Balkan or German language in Albanian language, residency expenses for authors and translators as well as support for their mobility.
During three years 2014-2016 financial support from "Traduki" was:
- Number of funded translations: 10
- Total funding amount for translations: 31.400 Euros
- Number of other funded projects: 2
- Total funding amount for projects: 7.000 Euros
- Funding amount for the residences of Albanian authors: 27.000 Euros
- Funding amount for the residences of foreign authors in Albania 30.000 Euros
Total amount 95.400 Euros