The goal of Mongolia's foreign policy is to strengthen the country's independence and sovereignty by maintaining friendly relations with the rest of the world, developing political, economic, and other relations and cooperation, strengthening its position in the international community, and accelerating development.
Mongolia's foreign policy consists of interrelated main components: politics, economy, science and technology, culture, humanitarian foreign policy, protection of the interests of citizens abroad, foreign propaganda, and public relations policy.
Cultural and humanitarian foreign policy
The purpose of the cultural and humanitarian foreign policy is to develop a national civilization and unique heritage and traditions in combination with the common achievements of world culture, to protect and restore historical and cultural values, to develop cooperation in uncovering cultural artifacts trafficked abroad for historical reasons and to facilitating direct social and humanitarian relations.
The cultural and humanitarian foreign policy will be implemented in the following areas:
1. Active communication with international organizations of education, culture, arts, sports, public and information, accession to necessary agreements, development of direct relations and exchanges between similar organizations, participation in international events of culture, arts and sports, support the organization of such events in the country;
1. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science of Mongolia and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Korea on cooperation in the field of the creative cultural industry - 2016
2. Program between the Government of the Republic of Korea and the Government of Mongolia on the cultural exchange - 2016
3. Memorandum of Understanding between the National Library of Mongolia and the National Library of the Republic of Turkey - 2018
4. Agreement on Cultural Cooperation between the Ministry of Education, Culture, Science, and Sports of Mongolia and the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic - 2018
5. Agreement between the Government of Mongolia and the Government of the Russian Federation on support for regional and cross-border cooperation - 2019
6. Cultural Exchange Program between the Government of Mongolia and the Government of the Republic of India - 2019
|Name of partner||Type of entity|
Culture and Arts Authority Implementing Agency of the Government of Mongolia