Co- production film agreement with France in 2013
Ministry of Culture
Key objectives of the measure:
- Create an opportunity for vocational and technical cooperation between directors and producers in the Republic of France and the State of Palestine.
- Exchange technical and technological experiences among workers in the field.
- Provide the opportunity of the main and continuous training for staff working in the field.
- Establish a networking and communication base among workers in the field in the two countries.
Scope of the measure:
Nature of the measure:
legislative, regulatory, financial
Main feature of the measure:
- The co-production workshop was held in Paris on November 2015 with the participation of five Palestinian projects represented director/ producer.
- Two of the projects won the support of two French producers.
- This workshop is held every two years.
Results expected through the implementation of the measure:
- Co-produced films.
- Developed field of film industry in the State of Palestine.
- Developed staff's competencies in the film industry.
- Created employment opportunities in the film industry.
- Cultural and professional exchange.
- Promoted Palestinian film in the European market.
Financial resources allocated to implement the measure:
- The Ministry of Culture.
- Palestinian Cultural Fund.
- National Center of Cinematography and the Moving Image / France.
- French Consulate General in Jerusalem.
- Independent investors / producers.
Area(s) of Monitoring
Cinema/ Audiovisual Arts
Cultural Value Chain