Celebration of Nizwa the Capital of Islamic Culture 2015.
Nizwa was selected as a capital of Islamic Culture because of its rich history and prominent scientific cultural position in Oman. It has a distinct contribution to the Islamic and human culture through scientific, cultural and literary works of its scientists and intellectuals, the availability of scientific research centers, libraries of manuscripts and archaeological learning centers which make Nizwa a direction for researchers and interested in the fields of science, culture and knowledge. It has an active cultural institutions in the field of revitalization of cultural life for individuals and groups, organizing festivals and cultural events, book fairs, translation and publishing.
The program of Nizwa Capital of Islamic Culture included the following:
- Omani Inshad Festival
- Omani Theatre Festival.
- Exhibition of Manuscripts.
- Seminar of civilizational interaction between Oman and the World
- Seminar of Nizwa at the Islamic Cultural Memory.
There were a number of lectures, evenings and cultural days abroad, as well as printing of books such as Alsalwa Encyclopedia. Many intellectuals and writers were hosted during this celebration as there were a number of community activities in Nizwa under the supervision of a committee of community activities. The main event in this celebration was hosting the Ninth Islamic Conference of Culture of Ministers responsible for cultural affairs in the Islamic world in November 2015, where the conference was held to coincide with the celebrated capitals of Islamic culture.
The main features of the measure are:
1. This measure highlights the historical and cultural value of Nizwa internally and externally.
2. Review the Sultanate's efforts since the ancient time and its keenness on supporting Omani writers in various fields.
3. Highlights the Sultanate's efforts in hosting the various events and festivals to display the cultural richness of the Sultanate.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Youth turnout to participate in various cultural events.
2. Promoting Nizwa City and its cultural role throughout history.
3. Set up a number of events, exhibitions and seminars.
4. The number of cultural trips to Nizwa will increase.
The financial support is provided by Ministry of Heritage and Culture.