Baghdad Joining to the Creative Cities Network of UNESCO in Literary field 2015
1. To foster the international cooperation among creative cities.
2. To produce and publish the cultural activities , services and cultural industries .
3. To develop the creative centers and the available opportunities for creators and artists in the culture field,
4 .To encourage the initiatives that including the general and private sectors as well as civil society organizations.
5. To build up the abilities of active persons in creative fields.
Thus, the competent committee which is actually composed of a certain number of intellectuals, prepared a file on Baghdad nomination into the Creative City Network which is related to UNESCO. They believe necessarily the innovation in Baghdad city. It proposed a set of projects at both local and international levels where Baghdad seeks to carry out on creative cities. Therefore, in order to implement the requirements of joining, a strategic plan has been drawn up. Moreover, A higher committee has been established and headed by the Mayor of Baghdad and membership of the representatives of Ministries of ( Culture , High Education , Education ) as well as ( Iraqi Media Network, Municipality, al-Hikma House, Iraqi Literates and Writers Union, and Baghdadi Cultural Assemblies). Baghdad joining to the creative cities in literary field has been really achieved in 2015.
1. To achieve the message of the network and its goals to promote the sustainable development.
2. To promote and develop the culture economy by holding many exhibitions in Baghdad and Al-Mustansyira universities , and Institute of Arts and People Crafts to sell and market the handicraft industries, books and publications,
3. To promote the cultural and creative production of Baghdad to be acquainted by the other creative cities within the network on the creative value of the Iraqi arts by publishing the production on website and in different social media.
4. To integrate the cultural policy in the sustainable development plans.
The financial resources obtained by partnership with private sector which sponsors of holding cultural activities. That will be included with civil society organizations and voluntary work, which contribute in achieving these activities.