Bagdad Project as the Capital of Arab Culture 2013
1. To foster the international cooperation among creative cities.
2. To produce and publish the cultural activities , services and cultural industries .
3. To develop the creative centers and the available opportunities for creators and artists in the culture field,
4 .To encourage the initiatives that including the general and private sectors as well as civil society organizations.
5. To build up the abilities of active persons in creative fields.
After approval of the project of Baghdad the capital of Arab culture, in its fifteenth conference of the Arab Ministers, who are responsible on cultural affairs, Iraqi Ministry of Culture sent a detailed report to the Cabinet included the projects and required financial allocations to implement this project. The Iraqi government allocated ($4,000,000) four hundred million dollars to rehabilitate the cultural infrastructure of Baghdad city. It also allocated ($50,000,000) fifty million dollars to implement cultural activities and performances of this project.
1. Rehabilitating and establishing (38) projects of cultural infrastructure.
2. Print more than (480) titles of books with (2000) copies of each title included various types of cultural knowledge and reprinting (21) archeological manuscripts. In this occasion, many books have been sold at exhibitions. Over this occasion many books have been distributed in free of charge to the governmental institutions, unions and civil society organizations to enrich their libraries,
3. Holding (144) exhibitions for plastic art inside and outside Iraq at which many participated artistic works were sold,
4. Getting rights of the production of (43) films including (36) long and short films, as well as (7) documentary films.
5. producing (9) short fictional films, (6) documentary films and (10) long films.
6. Performing more than (21) theatrical performances the year of the festival,
7. Ministry of Culture produced (83) musical album of pioneer and youthful artists, which were sold in the national and international markets.
8. Ministry of Culture organized training workshops for administrations of protocol, translation and cultural management as well as specialized workshops for the pupils of ballet and music school, in order to develop their cultural, creative and professional skills for both genders.
Iraqi government allocated ($450,000,000) four hundred and fifty million dollars for this project.