Activity of Sultan Qaboos College for Teaching Arabic to non-native speakers.
Sultan Qaboos College for Teaching Arabic to non-native speakers provides courses for overseas students around the world, from different cultures, races and religions without discrimination. The college has received (412) students from 28 nationalities until the end of 2015. The college works to introduce the Arab culture in general and Omani culture in particular. It is very keen in its educational and cultural programs on the integration of cultures to each other, breaking down cultural barriers between students, allowing them to form their own culture which encourages all cultures on mutual understanding, co-existence and harmony.
The college also implements recreational and cultural programs for students include the integration with students in the Omani society through linguists’ partners who are Omanis students interacting with them in conversation and evening workshops. It also implements trips, sporting and cultural evenings, where foreign scholars show traditional cultures in clothing, food, greeting, folklore and others to locals audience and get to know the features of traditional Omani culture.
The main features of the measure are:
1. The College contributes to spread and preserved Arabic language.
2. This action highlights the role of the Sultanate in the field of gathering people and promotes cultural exchange.
3. Spread of Arab culture for non-native speakers.
4. This action Confirms Sultanate's role in the cultural dialogue and harmony between nations.
The results expected through the implementation of the measure are:
1. Spread of different cultures between the members of the Omani society.
2. Increase turnout of non-native speakers to learn Arabic languages in the Sultanate.
3. Delivery of Omani culture and its importance to non-native speakers.
The financial support is provided by Diwan of Royal Court.