Activating and expanding artistic activities in all geographical areas to reinforce and strengthen awareness based on equality and openness.
Ministry of Culture
Ministry of Endowments and Religious Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Key objectives of the measure:
- Establishing concepts of tolerance, democracy and the rule of law.
- Supporting culture in occupied Jerusalem.
- Expanding geographical circles able to host cultural activities in all cities and communities.
- Increasing number of readers, particularly among children, youth and women.
- Developing talents and promoting creativity, especially among youth, women and children.
- Facilitating access to cultural activities organized by local councils.
Scope of the measure:
Nature of the measure:
regulatory, financial, institutional
Main feature of the measure:
The current policy has limited impacts. The target is to achieve an increase in cultural diversity by developing cultural activities, through role integration between the public and civil sectors. This policy aims to promote national unity and human development by enriching the culture of dialogue and respect for other opinions
Results expected through the implementation of the measure:
This policy is expected to increased development of social awareness, push the economic cycle in the cultural sphere, as well as develop human competencies. It is also expected to empower youth and women and to stimulate creativity.
Financial resources allocated to implement the measure:
The Ministry of Culture
Support from: ALECSO, ISESCO, and UNESCO
Main conclusions of the evaluation of the measure:
- A plan to support culture and heritage in occupied Jerusalem
- International Advocacy campaign to safeguard the cultural heritage in occupied Jerusalem.
- National program to encourage reading.
- Organizing the Palestinian International book fair.
- Organizing local book fairs.
Indicators used to determine impact:
Number of projects and cultural activities implemented by MOC in public and children's libraries Number of cultural activities implemented at cultural centers.Number of participants in the projects implemented by the cultural centers.Number of active museumsNumber of operating theatersNumber of plays presentedNumber of audience attending performances of playsNumber of cultural and heritage festivals supported by MOC
Area(s) of Monitoring