Project implementation period:
2011 to 2012
About the project:
This project, implemented by Kër Thiossane, aims to create a laboratory specialized in different aspects of digital creation to its existing artistic training programme. Aimed at Senegalese artists, it will support the emergence of the digital creation sector by improving the level of professional skills. One of the goals of the project will be to promote the works of these artists abroad and thus contribute to increasing employment opportunities.
Country of applicant:
Funds allocated (in USD):
Title of the section:
- Establishing four artistic training modules including multimedia workshops on cartography, computer-assisted music, digital writing and montage;
- Organizing training for vulnerable groups and including debates around socio-economic, cultural and public health issues;
- Showcase the works of the participating artists as well as organize public awareness-raising activities;
- Act as a resource and information hub for project development opportunities; and
- Generating job opportunities for artists in this sector.
Year of application:
- Developed the digital platform Ci*Diguente (http://www.ci-diguente.net/), as a resource center for digital arts in Africa and the Caribbean.
- Trained over 150 Senegalese artists in the creative use of digital technologies.
- Restructured and strengthened the capacities of Kër Thiossane as a hub for digital artistic creation in Africa.