The project aims at strengthening the capacities of theatre companies and bringing together professional artists and educators to foster the development of the theatre for young audiences sector in South Africa.
ASSITEJ South Africa is an NGO committed to promoting high quality theatre for young audiences in South Africa.
- Strategies to foster collaborations between theatre practitioners and educators are developed to foster the development of the theatre for young audiences sector
- The interactive online tool “Theatre4Youth” is further developed
- Ten theatre companies are strengthened and ten original theatre productions and their corresponding educational material are produced
- Holding meetings, workshops and networking events for 100 teachers and 75 cultural managers and artists from 20 theatre companies to advocate for the role of arts in education, identify the sector’s needs and determine strategies for collaborative work.
- Increasing the number of registered members by developing and implementing a communication strategy that actively involves key stakeholders.
- Identifying theatre companies to participate in capacity-building workshops on fundraising, management and marketing to ensure their sustainability.
- Coaching these theater companies and to monitor their activities.
- Contributes to the strengthening of local cultural industries, namely the theatre for young audiences sector – by conducting capacity-building workshops for theatre companies, encouraging collaboration between theatre artists and the education sector and building the audience and the artists of the future, the project ensures the long-term sustainability of the performing arts sector.
- Encourages and promotes understanding of the importance of the protection and promotion of the diversity of cultural expressions through educational programmes – by holding meetings and networking events for artists, cultural managers and educators, more informed strategies are developed in order to improve the quantity, quality and impact of cultural goods and services coming to schools.
- Fostered collaboration between theatre practitioners and educators for the development of the theatre for young audiences sector.
- Developed the online tool “Theatre4Youth”.
- Strengthened the capacities of ten theatre companies to produce ten original theatre creations.