The project aims at developing evidence-based cultural policies that have a direct effect on the creation, production, distribution and access to a diversity of cultural goods, services and activities at the local and regional levels in Serbia.
Creative Economy Group is a non-profit organization committed to the promotion of cultural and creative industries in the West Balkans.
- 1,000 copies of a policy handbook for the development of local cultural and creative industries and a white paper on best practices in participatory policy development processes at the local level are published and distributed.
- The capacities of 50 local and regional authorities, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders involved in the development of cultural industries are strengthened.
- A cultural policy for the development of cultural industries in the City of Pirot is created and adopted.
- The awareness of 100 cultural industries stakeholders about the results of the project is raised.
- Producing and distributing publications online and in hard copy among local authorities of over 1,000 Serbian municipalities.
- Holding four two-day training sessions for 50 representatives from 15 municipalities, a regional development agency and several NGOs in Serbia.
- Organizing consultation meetings with key stakeholders in order to prepare a research study on the socio-economic impacts of cultural industries in Pirot, which will inform the upcoming local cultural policy, and include an analysis of culture financing, cultural governance, cultural participation, international cooperation, as well as an action plan.
- Organizing a conference where the policy handbook and the white paper will be presented.
- Undertaking a networking session to promote information sharing among representatives of the public, private and civil society sectors.
- Contributes to the introduction of better informed cultural policies to promote the development of Serbia’s cultural industries – the production of a policy handbook and a white paper, as well as the implementation of a number of capacity-building workshops are instrumental in ensuring effective policy interventions to develop a competitive and dynamic local cultural and creative industries sector.
- Encourages dialogue and fosters cooperation – sharing information and experiences between key stakeholders will improve good governance in the cultural and creative industries sector at the local and regional level.