Vietnam National Institute for Culture and Arts Studies - VICAS, a public institution part of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MoCST) proposes to: 1) strengthen the capacity of government official working in the field of IP; 2) strengthen the capacity of artists and creators in Viet Nam.
- Conducting a review of the current intellectual property (IP) legislation.
- Developing and publishing a guide for government officials on the enforcement of IP law in the cultural and creative industries.
- Organizing training sessions on IP laws and regulations for Government officials.
- Development of an IP-Basics guidebook for artists and creative practitioners.
- Carrying out IP-Basics workshops for artists and creative practitioners.
- Strengthens processes and mechanisms for the implementation of IP law – The project has been designed and will be implemented with the participation of public institution working in the administration and enforcement of intellectual property rights in Viet Nam, such as the Copyright Department and its provincial affiliates. It will also target the final beneficiaries, which are the artistic and creative sectors, in order to ensure a better understanding of the application and importance of IP regulation in cultural and creative industries.