The ‘Compagnie Falinga’ will organize the 7th edition of the “Récréâtrales”, an annual international theatre festival gathering fifteen African countries. The festival provides a space for creation, exchange, training, and promotion of written works. The project will foster the creation of new theatre projects and the capacities of artists and cultural operators, contributing to the consolidation of the theatre sector in Burkina Faso and of the Pan-African theatre network.
- In the first phase titled La Quarantaine (December 2011-February 2012), selecting ten theatre projects through an international call for proposals and hold training workshops for artists;
- In the second phase, titled Résidences de création (September to November 2012) setting up creative residencies for the projects selected in the first phase to develop their projects;
- In the third phase of the project, organizing the festival from 5th to 13th November 2012, with a special emphasis on interaction with the public;
- Publishing a collection of plays and producing a DVD; and
- Distributing and promoting the plays created and performed during the festival in bookshops, libraries, schools and other relevant locations.
- Brought 6 original African plays to the stage for the first time
- Trained 95 scenographers, nine stage directors and 45 comedians in scenography, dramaturgy and acting
- Trained directors, actors and designers from 5 African Countries