The project aims at empowering 600 people of San Cristóbal de las Casas in Chiapas, Mexico by developing and strengthening their creative and entrepreneurial skills.
Germinalia A.C. is a non-governmental organization committed to promote, develop and support creative participatory actions for disadvantaged young people in Mexico.
- The skills and capacities of 500 young people and 100 adults from Chiapas, Mexico are developed and strengthened.
- El Ingenio’s selling and distribution platform is set up.
- Carrying out skills development workshops at El Ingenio cultural centre on reading and creative writing, music creation and creative projects development.
- Implementing production workshops for the participants of the skills development workshops to manufacture and test products such as recorded music and books.
- Creating a physical and online shop, available at www.elingenio.mx, to sell at least 20 original products created, promoted and sold by 18 young people.
- Contributes to the development of the Mexican book and music industries – by strengthening the capacities of young people and adults and by offering them opportunities to sell their work, El Ingenio cultural centre will ensure that the participants gain access to the local market and generate an economic income.
- Widens and promotes the active participation of new actors in the cultural industries – young disadvantaged people in Chiapas, Mexico will gain access to the production and distribution of cultural goods.
- Strengthens professional capacities in the cultural sector – by receiving training in cultural production, participants will have the necessary skills and tools to be able to participate in the local cultural industries.