Project implementation period:
2011 to 2012
About the project:
The project, conducted by the Instituto de Relaciones Internacionales e Investigaciones para La Paz, aims to create a training course and centre to provide young men and women from different Guatemalan indigenous groups with the skills to become audiovisual creators and cultural entrepreneurs. By using new technologies to empower these communities, it will contribute to fostering and promoting indigenous cultural industries in the country.
Country of applicant:
Funds allocated (in USD):
Title of the section:
- Creating a Training Centre for Audiovisual Creation in Guatemala (INCREA);
- Setting up a course to train 30 indigenous persons from Mayan, Garifuna and Xinca communities in audiovisual communication;
- Organising a workshop and producing a film with the students attending the training course; and
- Developing a visibility strategy for the promotion of this film in Guatemala.
Instituto de Relaciones Internacionales e Investigaciones para La Paz
Year of application:
- Launched a new Audio-visual Training Centre for indigenous youth with courses in production, script writing, film directing, editing and postproduction skills in Guatemala.