About the project
The project aims at empowering young people from disadvantaged communities of Asunción through the promotion of their active participation in the cultural industries by conducting mapping, training and network-building activities.
About the organization
Asociación Colectivo de Cultura y Participación (ACCP) is a Paraguayan NGO committed to the construction of a fairer, inclusive and egalitarian society through education, communication and culture.
- Five youth cultural organizations are established and 100 young people are empowered
- 100 young people from disadvantaged communities are trained and coached to develop sustainable creative initiatives
- Connections and partnerships between young people and other key stakeholders of the project are established
- Mapping and analyzing local cultural industries and carrying out 40 capacity-building workshops in the creation, production and distribution of cultural goods and services.
- Strengthening the participants’ fundraising, marketing and communications skills in order to ensure the sustainability of their creative initiatives.
- Organizing two preparatory meetings to set up the basis of the cooperation network between the five cultural organizations and at least three established cultural organizations, as well as five other network-building activities to promote innovative partnerships with key actors in the sector, namely governmental authorities and the private sector.
- Encouraging policy development to support job creation for young people in the cultural industries.
How does this project contribute to the implementation of the 2005 Convention?
- Empowers members of disadvantaged communities through the cultural industries in Paraguay – by targeting training and coaching efforts in disadvantaged communities, this project is giving young creative professionals the tools and resources that they need and can share with their communities, promoting self-confidence and social cohesion.
- Contributes to the strengthening of existing local cultural industries – by conducting capacity building workshops and networking activities to support an active participation of young people in the cultural industries, ACCP ensures that a greater diversity of cultural goods and services can reach the marketplace.