Project implementation period:
2011 to 2012
About the project:
The project conducted by the International Theater Institute aims to carry out training activities for theater professionals in Chad. The project is expected to foster new initiatives and reinforce the country’s performing arts capabilities and the theater industry overall.
Country of applicant:
Funds allocated (in USD):
Title of the section:
- Delivering training for theatre professionals in the fields of management and communication;
- Organizing technical/methodological meetings between artists and other relevant professionals;
- Setting up music and theatre residencies involving experts and trainers;
- Setting-up a network of sales outlets for local artists; and
- Promoting the project through a dedicated website and traditional mass media, including radio channels.
International Theatre Institute
Year of application:
- Recorded and distributed two music and theater productions through local TV, DVDs and CDs in six distribution points throughout the country.
- Created the website www.themacult.org to promote and distribute works of artists from Chad, Cameroon and the Central African Republic.
- Trained 14 directors and managers working in the performing arts sector in administration and management of cultural businesses and organizations.
- Following the workshop, trainees proceeded to replicate the experience in their respective hometowns.