The project aims to position Saint Lucia as a culturally dynamic and economically innovative location through the development of a national cultural industries’ map which can effectively guide policy development.
The Ministry of Tourism, Heritage and Creative Industries is a public institution committed to the development of a dynamic cultural industry that achieves sustainable economic, environmental and socio-cultural growth.
- Saint Lucia’s cultural industries are mapped and analyzed to inform the development of policies in the field of cultural industries.
- Young creators and cultural entrepreneurs are trained and coached to develop their careers.
- Public awareness about the importance of Saint Lucia’s cultural industries is raised.
- Completing a mapping exercise to measure the island’s cultural industries’ economic activity and identifying its key players.
- Conducting consultation meetings to determine the needs and challenges faced by cultural practitioners in the island.
- Developing and implementing training and mentoring programmes for creators and cultural practitioners.
- Conducting a media campaign communicating the results of the mapping exercise and giving visibility to the islands key cultural industries and players.
- Contributes to the introduction of better informed cultural policies to promote the cultural industries in Saint Lucia – both the development of a comprehensive map of Saint Lucia’s cultural industries and key players and the communication campaign are instrumental in ensuring effective policy interventions to develop a competitive and dynamic local creative industries sector.
- Promotes information sharing and transparency – the publication and dissemination of the results of the mapping exercise among the island’s creative community is key in revealing important information about the economic structure and dynamics of the cultural industries in Saint Lucia.