Obala Art Centar, a non-governmental organization committed to the development and promotion of cultural, artistic and educational activities in Bosnia and Herzegovina, proposes to inform decision and policy-making processes by: (1) measuring and analyzing the impact of the Sarajevo Film Festival on cultural, economic and social development in Sarajevo and Bosnia and Herzegovina; and (2) publishing a comprehensive study on the topic.
- Collection of data, through primary and secondary research, to conduct an extensive analysis using quantitative and qualitative methods, in order to examine the extent to which the festival attracts audiences for cultural goods, encourages audiovisual content creation, inspires artistic excellence, promotes audio-visual content from different countries, and introduces local creators to the international scene.
- Collection of data, through primary and secondary research, to conduct an extensive analysis using quantitative and qualitative methods, in order to measure the direct economic benefits that ensue from the festival, its impact on tourism development, and the return on public and private investments.
- Collection of data, through primary and secondary research, to conduct an extensive analysis using quantitative and qualitative methods, in order to measure how the festival strengthens the country and city’s image, how it promotes positive social values, and how it creates a sense of pride and belonging within the community.
- Consolidation of the results in a study and distribution among key stakeholders.
- Strengthens processes and mechanisms for public policy-making and implementation - the results of the study will reveal important information about the cultural and socio-economic value and potential of festivals, providing evidence to inform future decisions, policies and strategies.
- Contributes to assessing and addressing capacity development needs relating to creation, production and distribution - The project will include a SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat) analysis of the Sarajevo Film Festival that will be used for the formulation of recommendations focused on capacity-building activities.