The project aims to promote the music industry in Haiti with the cooperation of the government, private sector and civil society and through the creation of a national music industry map, which can effectively serve as a starting point for cultural policy development in the sector.
Ayiti Mizik is a non-governmental organisation that aims to promote, develop and represent the interests of the Haitian music industry.
- The music industry in Haiti is mapped and analysed.
- Levels of cohesion and visibility of the music industry are reinforced.
- A publication on the mapping study is produced and distributed nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Mapping and analysing the music industry in Haiti and developing a database.
- Raising awareness of relevant actors and partners on the socio-economic value and potential of the industry.
- Producing and distributing a publication on Haitian music industry.
- Contributes to the creation of a cultural policy based on evidence - the mapping exercise and the resulting documents will serve as a starting point for the development of cultural policies for the music industry in Haiti.
- Promotes information sharing and transparency – the publication and dissemination of the results of the mapping exercise is expected to reveal important information about the socio-economic value and potential of the music industry in Haiti.
- Fosters cooperation and partnerships among governmental and civil society actors in cultural industries - the participation and involvement of a wide range of stakeholders across sectors highlights the inclusive approach of the project and strengthens the role of civil society in policy making and implementation.