Project implementation period:
2011 to 2012
About the project:
The project of the African Cultural Regeneration Institute (ACRI) aims to establish a creative industry database that will enable the production of statistics on the economic contribution of the cultural sector in the country. This database will act as a key source of information for planning and investment for both the Government and the private sector.
Country of applicant:
Funds allocated (in USD):
Title of the section:
- Consultating with relevant stakeholders in the Kenyan creative industry sector in all key stages of the project;
- Collecting data at national, regional and local levels, to measure the economic dimension of the cultural industries;
- Analyzing the collected data;
- Producing a detailed report on the various creative industry sectors in Kenya and a survey of the challenges that they are facing; and
- Raising awareness about the project through the media and a dedicated website.
African Cultural Regeneration Institute
Year of application:
Identified key cultural goods and services, as well as challenges cultural industries face in the country by mapping the sector following a bottom-up approach – Kenya.