Beaconhouse National University proposes to improve data collection on cultural and creative trades for policy development, by: 1) establishing formal definitions of “culture”, “creative trades” and “cultural goods”; 2) developing a new instrument to effectively measure the contribution of cultural industries to the economy and sustainable development.
© Beaconhouse National University (BNU), Lahore, Pakistan
- Collect and analyse public policy documents to develop inclusive and synthesized definitions of “Culture”, “Creative Trades” and “Cultural goods”.
- Compare the established definitions with oher frameworks to analyse overlaps and gaps.
- Conduct a literature review will to design a data collection model to map and measure the social and economic contributions of cultural and creative industries.
- Test the new model in selected cities in Pakistan.
- Present the final validated instrument to the national and provincial statistical agencies.
- Strengthens evidence-based policymaking. The project will support the development of new data collection and analysis tools for the cultural and creative sectors in Pakistan, contributing to the development of cultural policies that respond to the needs of the sector.