The project aims at creating a space for discussion, learning and networking among Peruvian authorities, cultural practitioners and private sector representatives on funding culture.
The Ministry of Culture is a public institution responsible for the design, adoption, implementation and monitoring of national cultural policies in Peru.
- Peru’s challenges and opportunities on funding culture are identified.
- Connections among stakeholders are created to contribute to the development of partnerships and collaborations.
- The capacities of 50 cultural managers are strengthened in terms of resource mobilization and effective management of cultural organizations.
- Organizing five inter-sectoral consultation meetings to generate a dialogue among key stakeholders involved in the project, share ideas and present case studies.
- Drafting recommendations to inform policies and strategies of the Ministry of Culture addressing the funding of culture.
- Organizing a training workshop on cultural management, corporate governance, fundraising and marketing.
- Contributes to the introduction of better informed cultural policies to promote the funding of culture in Peru – the publication and dissemination of the conclusions and recommendations of the inter-sectoral meetings are instrumental in ensuring effective policy interventions to develop a competitive and dynamic local cultural sector.
- Reinforces local skills and capacities - by providing training in effective management, fundraising and marketing, this project strengthens the skills of cultural managers in Peru, promotes income generation and underlines the importance of the link between culture and development.