Fostering cultural entrepreneurship in Cuenca
The Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana Núcleo del Azuay (House of Ecuadorian Culture Núcleo del Azuay), a public institution responsible for the promotion of the cultural sector in the province of Azuay, proposes to: (1) Consolidate the ecosystem of support for the promotion of a cultural entrepreneurship programme in Cuenca; (2) Establish a Cultural Entrepreneurship Incubator; (3) Strengthen the capacities of 30 cultural entrepreneurs in Cuenca; (4) Provide 10 cultural entrepreneurs with access to seed funding and credit and support for market access.
- Establishment of a network of public and private institutions to provide training, access to financing and market access for local cultural enterprises.
- Establishment of a local inter-institutional work group to follow-up the implementation of the cultural entrepreneurship programme.
- Creation of an incubator to promote cultural entrepreneurship.
- Development of a website to promote cultural entrepreneurship, including a news portal, a digital portfolio of participating enterprises and training materials.
- Development of a training methodology for cultural entrepreneurship.
- Widen the participation of previously excluded regions and social groups in the creation, production and distribution of cultural goods and services –The establishment of a permanent cultural entrepreneurship incubator will set the necessary conditions for the development of cultural businesses in Cuenca, contributing to the creation of employment opportunities and the generation of income.
- Strengthen the public cultural institutions that are essential to the development of cultural industries – The project will reinforce the institution’s capacity to support entrepreneurship in Cuenca through the establishment of a permanent cultural entrepreneurship incubator at the House of Ecuadorian Culture Núcleo del Azuay, as well as through the consolidation of an ecosystem of support for the cultural entrepreneurship programme.
- Strengthen financing and market development mechanisms for cultural goods and services – The project will encourage public and private collaboration to support financing and market creation for cultural entrepreneurship. Through the consolidation of an ecosystem of support for the cultural entrepreneurship programme, cultural entrepreneurs will gain access to credit with preferential conditions to finance their ventures. In addition, access to markets will be promoted through collaboration with potential investors, professionals and commercial agents.