The project aims to promote the participation of vulnerable groups, such as women, youth, etc., in the Uruguayan creative sector through the strengthening of 14 Cultural Factories and the implementation of skills development and network-building activities.
The National Directorate of Culture is the department responsible for cultural development throughout the national territory at the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- The skills of 228 participants in 14 Cultural Factories throughout Uruguay are strengthened.
- 5 Cultural Factories are further developed.
- Networks between 14 Cultural Factories and at least three distribution channels of the creative sector are reinforced.
- New innovative cultural products are produced and marketed.
- Training 228 participants, in 14 Cultural Factories, in business management, marketing and communication.
- Developing business, communication and marketing plans in five Cultural Factories, and establishing a space for cultural incubators.
- Supporting the trainees to attend local and international fairs in order to build a client portfolio and market their products.
- Conducting product research and purchasing adequate machinery for the launch of new products in three Cultural Factories.
- Contributes to the development of the Uruguayan creative sector – by strengthening the Cultural Factories, providing business skills and building networks, the National Directorate of Culture will ensure that the participants gain market access and generate an economic income.
- Widens and promotes the active participation of new actors in the cultural industries – vulnerable groups across the country, such as young people, women, etc., will gain access to the production and distribution of cultural goods, while fostering social cohesion and promoting their self-esteem.
- Strengthens professional capacities in the creative sector – by attending cultural management courses, participants will have the necessary skills and tools to be able to participate in the local cultural industries.