Jamaica Business Development Corporation (JBDC), a public institution committed to pursue development policies in Jamaica proposes to 1) develop comprehensive profile of the Jamaican cultural and creative industries (CCIs); 2) measure the economic contribution of the CCIs; 3) develop a strategy for the development of the CCIs.
- Conduct a survey to update the mapping of the CCIs, establish a database and identify challenges and opportunities of the sectors.
- Organize Knowledge Transfer Workshops (KTW) to strengthen the capacities of public entities such as Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN).
- Develop a new socio-economic impact framework aligned with the best practices from the UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) and PARIS21 (NSS-CCI).
- Establish an industry advisory group to guide the strategy for the development of the CCIs.
- Formulate recommendations for the integration of culture as a transversal factor for SDGs and establish a workplan to implement them.
- Strengthens sustainable systems of governance for culture - Strong data on CCIs will be a background for a more informative cultural policy making in the country. Training modules will be developed to address critical capacity development gaps at the national level.
- Strengthens the role of civil society in the implementation of policy for the CCIs - The industry advisory group will foster the collaboration and engagement between government, creators and business partners in a view of shaping recommendations to guarantee a sustainable environment for the CCIs in Jamaica.