Many Hands International, a non-governmental organization that supports the development of culturally vibrant and thriving communities, proposes to: 1) establish a community-driven, participatory and effective local governance structure for sustainable cultural development; 2) articulate a community vision and adopt an action-orientated plan for cultural development; 3) strengthen local-national strategic collaborations and partnerships.
© UN Photo/Martine Perret
- Establish a community-driven local governance structure, Lautem Cultural Alliance, for sustainable cultural development.
- Run a mentoring program to the members of the Alliance in areas relating to planning, research, advocacy, stakeholder engagement and governance.
- Draft a cultural development plan and present it to the stakeholders.
- Draft and sign a memorandum of understanding with the national government on Cultural development plan.
- Contributes to structuring of Civil Society Organization (CSO) – The project will establish a local, participatory and community-led governance structure for sustainable cultural development planning in Lautem, Timor-Leste.
- Enhances training and mentoring for CSOs - The experts from academia and community development sectors will work with the applicant to mentor and guide the Lautem Cultural Alliance. The Alliance will train local actors to represent their communities.
- Strengthens participation in policy design - The project will strengthen the relationship between civil society and government, and the community will be empowered to plan and implement cultural policies.