The General Directorate of Music of the City of Buenos Aires, responsible for the development of policies, programmes and projects that foster music production and dissemination, proposes to broaden the scope of its Estudio Urbano (Urban Study) program, by: (1) fostering music creation, production and distribution by young people from disadvantaged areas in Buenos Aires; (2) promoting access to the labor market through vocational training in the different trades of the music industry.
- Production and recording of a selection of music works.
- Organization of trainings in music management, communication, music recording, sound, lighting, photography and video.
- Distribution and promotion of the recorded music works through social networks and in the press, and through the organization of concerts with renowned artists.
- Widen participation in the creation, production and distribution of cultural goods and services to previously excluded regions and social groups - The project will allow young people from disadvantaged areas in Buenos Aires to produce their music professionally and to access new professional opportunities within the music industry. It will do so by reinforcing their capacities in music production and distribution, and granting them access to a recording studio.
- Strengthen public cultural agencies and institutions essential to the development of cultural industries - The project contributes to strengthening the implementation of local cultural policies and programmes, through the creation of a social component in the Estudio Urbano (Urban study) programme, targeting young people from disadvantaged areas in Buenos Aires.