Project implementation period:
2010 to 2012
About the project:
The project “Proximus Rezo” aims to reinforce the national capacities of the recording industry in Benin by establishing a local distribution and sales network, and it is organized by World Rhythm Productions. By developing a more sustainable business model and by reinvesting profits back into the industry and artists’ associations, the project will provide artists with potential long-term opportunities and help improve the sustainability of Benin’s music sector.
- Created 100 sales point around the capital city, Cotonou, to market locally produced records and CDs in Benin.
Country of applicant:
Funds allocated (in USD):
Title of the section:
- Setting up one hundred sale points in strategic areas in Cotonou, including providing them with necessary equipment;
- Acquiring wholesale the best albums by Beninese artists selected through a contest;
- Setting up a promotional phase through television and radio broadcasts;
- Organizing the sales of the selected albums;
- Producing a sustainable business model for Benin’s cultural sector; and
- Reinvesting the profit earned back into the industry and artists’ associations.
World Rhythm Productions
Year of application:
Created 100 sales point around the capital city, Cotonou, to market locally produced records and CDs in Benin.