The project aims to foster Morocco’s human, economic and social development through the creation of a national cultural industries’ map, which can effectively guide policy development.
Association Racines is a non-governmental organization committed to integrating culture in development policies in Morocco and Africa.
- Morocco’s cultural industries are mapped and analyzed.
- A tool to share the results of the mapping exercise is developed and available online.
- The results of the mapping exercise are analyzed and policy recommendations are submitted.
- Elaborating a questionnaire to identify the population’s cultural practices and the cultural structures and infrastructures in Morocco.
- Developing an online tool with relevant information on local cultural industries, which will be available on the website www.artmap.ma.
- Organizing a number of meetings with a broad number of stakeholders, including representatives from several ministries, local authorities, civil society organizations and cultural practitioners, to analyze the results of the mapping exercise and prepare recommendations that will inform upcoming policy development in the field of cultural industries.
- Presenting the recommendations during the “2èmes États Géneraux de la Culture” in November 2016.
- Contributes to evidence-based cultural policy making in Morocco – the mapping exercise and the submission of recommendations to cultural policy-makers are instrumental in ensuring the implementation of an effective cultural policy in Morocco.
- Promotes information sharing and transparency – the publication and dissemination of the results of the mapping exercise is expected to reveal important information about the economic structure and the dynamics of the cultural industries in Morocco, which have not yet been explored.
- Fosters cooperation and partnerships among governmental and civil society actors in cultural industries – the participation and involvement of a broad array of stakeholders across sectors highlights the inclusive approach of the project and strengthens the role of civil society in policy making and implementation.